Based on our Polartec® 2022 Apex Award winning design - the Centurion Gilet is a versatile, breathable and hard-wearing soft shell layer designed for advanced technical pursuits from rock climbing...
Based on our Polartec® 2022 Apex Award winning design - the Centurion Gilet is a versatile, breathable and hard-wearing soft shell layer designed for advanced technical pursuits from rock climbing to trekking.
With a minimised design to improve layering options, the Centurion Gilet features an extended collar stand with a formfitting shape around the neck. This raised collar provides enhanced coverage and protection from the elements. Two hand pockets are located at mid-height in order to remain accessible when wearing a backpack or harness.
Polartec® hailed the original Centurion design as “a jacket that will withstand extreme use” owing to its innovative combination of three technologies from their range.
First up is Power Stretch®, an advanced dual-surface knitted construction that offers high tensile strength and moisture wicking. This means that not only does the Centurion Gilet have the ability to stretch with dynamic movement but also the capacity to mitigate the build-up of sweat, making for a comfortable technical layer all round.
Making up the main body of the Centurion Gilet is Polartec®’s Power Air™, a revolution in sustainable insulation. Power Air™ is engineered to encapsulate fleece fibres within small pockets on the fabric surface. This trademarked fabric construction encases internal yarns, creating individual air pockets that capture your body heat. This internal casing of fibres also helps to protect against shedding, preventing microfibre loss into the environment. The construction of Power Air™ prevents pilling and allows the Centurion to be layered easily over and under other garments.
Finally, the Centurion Gilet is then treated with Hardface® technology. This is a patented polymer surface treatment which fuses the fabric at a fibre level increasing abrasion resistance and water repellency without compromising on breathability. Hardface® technology helps improve performance quality and extends the life of the garment.
LEAD THE WAY
CENTURION ALPINE GILET
Based on our Polartec® 2022 Apex Award winning design - the Centurion Gilet is a versatile, breathable and hard wearing soft shell layer designed for advanced technical pursuits from rock climbing to trekking.
A versatile, breathable soft-shell Gilet ideal for mid-season layering.
- Constructed from Polartec® Power Air™ & Polartec® Power Stretch panels
- Polartec® HardFace surface treatment
- Extended collar stand with formfitting shape around the neck
- YKK® Zips
- Two raised hand pockets
- Embroidered Insignia
DEVELOPED FOR PEAK PERFORMANCE
THE FINISHING TOUCH FOR DURABILITY
Polartec Hardface is a patented fabric technology involving the surface treatment of each individual fleece fibre increasing abrasion resistance and water repellence. This technique improves textile performance quality and extends the lifespan of the jacket keeping you covered for longer.
Measure at the fullest part of the chest from just under the arms.
Fits tight to the body's contours, for a compressed feel.
Slimmer fitting technical wear fits closer to the body than regular fitting items but is not skin tight. Consider sizing up for a more regular fit.
Not athletic, not loose-fitting - buy your regular size.
Should you not be satisfied with your order, you have 30 days from the date of delivery to return this for an exchange, full refund or gift voucher credit.
All exchanges are free using our returns portal but please note returns for refund have £5.00 deducted from the final refund amount to cover the cost of return postage.
At ThruDark we are constantly striving to deliver a better service to our customers. By partnering with Klarna we can now offer all UK customers Buy Now, Pay Later with Klarna using their pay in 3 installments with 0% interest and no fees (UK). (Only applicable to orders over £35).
Learn more on our partnership with Klarna here
We offer free shipping to mainland UK addresses when you spend over £175.00.
For orders below this £175.00 threshold, we offer two delivery options:
- Standard £5.00 – estimated processing and shipping time of
2-3 working days. Please note that delivery times may vary depending on shipping location and during our busier periods.
- Next Working Day £7.00 – orders must be placed before 2pm in order to qualify for next working day delivery. “Working days” are taken to mean Monday – Friday so orders placed after 2pm on a Friday will not be dispatched until the following Monday. UK bank holidays are not included for
the purpose of “working days”.
You can read our full delivery FAQs here.
- Standard £5.00 – estimated processing and shipping time of
We now offer "Click and Collect" as a delivery option to UK customers, giving you the chance to choose a secure drop off location from a list of approved stores.
Simply head to checkout and choose a drop off location of your choice to collect your delivery at a place and time convenient to you.
- Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Åland Islands, Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Gibraltar, Greenland, Guadeloupe, Iceland, Kosovo, Liechtenstein, Mayotte, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Norway, Réunion, San Marino, Serbia, Svalbard & Jan Mayen, Switzerland, Turkey, Vatican City
- DHL Economy £14.99 – this is a 3-10 day delivery service depending on location.
- DHL Express International £19.99 – this is a 2-5 day delivery service depending on location.
We provide tracking numbers on all orders once fulfilled and dispatched by our warehouse team. These can be used to follow the progress of your delivery and in some cases to change address or delivery details if required. Please see below for links to track your parcel with our respective couriers:
*If you need to change the delivery address on your DPD parcel please use the DPD app before contacting Support@ThruDark.com, given the speed at which we dispatch and deliver parcels this is gives you a better chance of changing your address in time.*